- Research and learn more about these chemical release sites, how chemical contamination of the env works, how it can affect human health, and who is impacted the worst
- Spread the word that this is something that can impact us in the Bay Area
- Donate time and/or money to groups who are fighting for Env Justice, healthy environments, and corporate accountability
- If someone is moving to the Bay Area, suggest they search the property with the research tools first
- If you're not already aware, spend some timing reading about the public health crisis in Treasure Island and Bayview-Hunters Point in San Francisco
- Tell the press you want to see more coverage on these topics
- Volunteer with and/or donate to Greenaction
If You're Concerned
- Contact the agencies in charge and ask questions about nearby sites
- Talk to CHEJ Technical Assistance if you want help understanding the science from a 3rd party
- Talk to your political representatives about Brownfield reform and/or Env Justice
- Share your concerns with your friends and on social media, forums, etc.
- Request Leadership Training from CHEJ (founded by Lois Gibbs, who advocated for protection from the Love Canal pollution, and that advocacy created the EPA Superfund program)
- If you're aware of illegal chemical dumping in Santa Clara County, report it!
This is not a complete list. These are merely some ideas.